1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

mosquito catamaran GRP hulls (free) Melbourne/Australia

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Corley, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

pair of mosquito catamaran hulls (hulls are solid grp decks are ply) it seems a pity to throw them out please pm for details. Parts are located in Melbourne, Vic, would be perfect to rebuild a mozzie with soft hulls or maybe if your looking at a cat/tri conversion you could use these as floats.

2. Roger_Wegener

Roger_Wegener New Member

Hi Corley, Love to have them - what can you tell me about them?

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~nmcca/ gives a bit more info. The hulls are 16 feet long and the original boat is a twin trapeze arrangement off the beach cat. I'm keeping the rig/sails etc for my other mozzie but will throw in spare rudders and daggerboards with the hulls if you want them for $50.

4. Roger_Wegener

Roger_Wegener New Member

Thanks Corley - lets talk 0410548783

5. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

Roger was not able to pick these hulls up and transport costs to Port Lincoln proved prohibitive so these hulls are still available to anyone who is interested.

6. DJ_GAFFA

DJ_GAFFA New Member

Still available??

Hey mate,

Are the hulls still available??

What condition are they in?? would they be useful in building a boat to minimum weight???

please drop me an email at laser.cop@hotmail.com

Cheers mate.

7. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

They are good solid hulls but I think you would be hard pressed to build a boat to minimum weight with them they are solid grp not foam cored so they are fairly thick and reasonably heavy. Having said that though the last owner reckoned he never had any trouble keeping up with the fleet when racing and only rarely found the additional weight a problem.

The hulls are in pretty good nick just the decks need a bit of clean up and paint and the hulls need final coating.

8. mterrassa

mterrassa Junior Member

interested

Please send me pics please i am very interested

Thanks

Miguel A Terrassa

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.