1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Divinycell (Sold)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by pieraddiction, Apr 3, 2016.

1. pieraddiction

pieraddiction New Member

Hate to make my first post a for sale post, but have been a long time boat owner and plan to participate more into the forum in the future. REVISED PRICING PER SHEET AND MINIMUMS - Shipping will be reasonable as this stuff isn't all that heavy. If you want large quantities I do have access to LTL shipping resources if needed. Otherwise regular USPS won't be that bad. Discounts to people buying more than minimums. Shoot me a PM on offers worst I can say is no. Need to make room in garage! If you want the whole lot $2k takes it.

Divinycell

24 Sheets - 2"x36"x35.4" - 8.85 ft2/sht - $30 sheet min order 2 sheets
    33 Sheets - 2"x31.9"x32.69" - 7.24ft2/sht - $25 sheet min order 2 sheets (ALL SHEETS SOLD)
    7 Sheets - 1.5"x48"x 48" - 16ft2/sht - $50 a sheet min order 2 sheets

Baltek Airlight

24 Sheets - 2"x24"x42" - 7ft2/sht - $30 sheet min order 2 sheets
    12 Sheets - 1.5"x24"x42" - 7ft2/sht - $30 sheet min order 2 sheets

General Plastics Last-A-Foam

21 pieces - 8"x6"x50" FR6720 - 20LB Density Closed Cell/Structural $35 a piece no minimum.

Located in NE WI, you can also pickup or I will meet you within reason for larger purchases. Willing to meet buyer 250 miles or so, give or take a few on entire lot. Located near Green Bay, WI. Pics available.

Email me at matt@portcitiesinsurance.com or PM me on here. Thanks, Matt

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. pieraddiction

pieraddiction New Member

Pictures

Pics of materials samples below.

Attached Files:

3. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

Do you have any thicknesses that are more applicable to boat construction? such as 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1/1/4".

Steve.

4. pieraddiction

pieraddiction New Member

The thinnest I have is 1.5" in Airlight or the 1.5" Divinycell 4x4 sheets. I also have 3 sheets COOSA board in 3/4. If your interested in the 1.5" I'll make you a good deal...pm me. Will probably be in Eau Claire area in a few weeks fishing the backwaters of the Mississippi.

5. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

Sorry, not much use for core that thick on a boat. You might want to post the density as anyone building anything is going to need to know that. What do you have it for?
    What size and density for the coosa. we do use 3/4" coosa in repair work.

Steve.

6. pieraddiction

pieraddiction New Member

The coosa was bluewater 26, I ended up using it up on a project boat. I wound up getting the divinycell at a yacht builders auction. I figured someone could use it for something. As far as density goes, I'm assuming the 1.5" 4x4 sheets is at least 10LB density, probably more, it is heavy duty stuff, I don't know how to figure out exactly what it is.

The other 2" divinycell is grid scored, not as high density but I'm assuming its at least 5lb or 6lb.

The airtek I thought I might end up keeping due to the fact that i am going to use it build a hard sided duck blind from my larger boat, it should be light weight and strong with glass over it.

I'm to the point, where I just want to get rid of the 2" divinycell and 1.5" divinycell as I really have no use for it. I just want it out of the garage and am willing to take a few hundred for the whole lot . I have heard of guys using 2" to build drift boats out west.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  7. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

You can figure out the density by measuring a piece to figure out the cubic volume and then weigh it on an accurate scale then do the conversion. Anybody is going to need to know the density. None of the sizes will work for me

Steve.

8. pieraddiction

pieraddiction New Member

The (24 Sheets - 2"x36"x35.4" - 8.85 ft2/sht)- $30 sheet is H130 Double Scored (grid) 8 lb densiity.

If someone doesn't have a use for it soon, I'm going to cut it up and use it for floation on my 16 tinny I am fixing up. I'm assuming it floats...

9. pieraddiction

pieraddiction New Member

All material has been sold...thank you!

10. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.