pp jet parts

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by big foot, Nov 6, 2009.

1. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Flipp ,it's your lucky day ,you are now in safe hands.

2. kcmd

kcmd Junior Member

Well i been reading every ones helpfal advise and now im worred lol i have a fast worker 19 with a pp 65 jet fitted befor i bought it it had a nissan with a 2.7 diesal in it as some one spent hundreds of pounds fitting this jet with strengthan stern all ss guard around the jet new deck raised gunwalls by 6 inches I put a front wheel house on and up raited to a Tarreno Nissan 2.7 turbo that will run at 6000 rpm plus i now have a seed of dought if this will work after 4 yrs work i will find out how it will work the end of march when it will hit the water for the first time, I will let you guys no what happen's but i think some of you will no we will see .

3. anthony goodson

kcmd, there is plenty of help here if you need it. Are you sure it's a 65 ?

4. kcmd

kcmd Junior Member

Yes Anthony im 99.9 sure its a pp65 looking at the pics on here and by what other's have said only the bottom steering fine has been altered made a little larger I would put some pics on here but still have to work that out, You see it was not untill i read about jet drives on here did i think it might not work . When some one have spent thousand or two, converting it to jet from outbourd with houndred.s of pounds on stainles steel guard for the jet and ss exsuste befor i bought the boat i assummed it would work.

5. anthony goodson

I think you realise what the problem might be ,too much boat ,too little jet , but stay in touch and let's see how you get on. To post pictures just scroll down to manage attachments on the go advanced reply page ,this will upload the pictures of your choice from your computer.

6. Jetty

Jetty New Member

Hello guys.

We are working on a hobby project building a audi tdi 2,5 180 hp in front of a pp 65 jetdrive.
    Our first plans were to leave the gearbox on the engine, because it will give go an over drive. So the boat will run faster, but the problem we are facing is we need an other impellor right rotating, the standard one is left rotating. I think that is imposeable to find or to make. The impeller we now have i a 3blade, for the best result we forget the gearbox and need four blade. The stator of our jetdrive has 7 holes, so that sould not be the problem. So if anyone now how to get a four blade impeller, we should be pleased. I hope my english is readable.:)

Greetings Jetty

7. anthony goodson

Welcome Jetty ,not only will you be unable to source a "right rotating " impeller but if you did you would quickly realise that the volutes in the stator unit were now orientated the wrong way ,so that's a definite no. You are quite correct ,in that a seven blade stator runs best with a four bladed impeller and 180hp is right at the top end for a 65 ,probably off the scale ,the man to speak to is Brent Voce at Naiad Dynamics 00442392539739. You can e-mail the Portsmouth depot services@naiad.com or there is an office in the Netherlands sales@naiad.com. 0031436049200 but I don't know if this office deals with waterjets.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  8. YourMUM

YourMUM Junior Member

9. mohawk

mohawk Junior Member

10. anthony goodson

Superficially similar ,but different pump characteristics. Axial vs Mixed Flow.

11. anthony goodson

Good morning Mohawk. Wikipedia has a very accurate and concise explanation of the different characteristics of axial ,mixed flow ,and radial pumps,all you need to know really. Just type" pumps " into Wiki. It's some years since I dealt with a 65 ,and could only guess at the dimensions of the wear ring,apart from the 6.5 inch entry, however Windy Dave who posts on here has one in pieces at the moment ,perhaps he will measure it for you.
    The 65 was ahead of it's time when introduced in the 1970's. The tapered wear ring , sliding polyacetal collet ,mixed flow impeller ,and dry run DU bush stator bearing were all unique at the time. Richard Parker was a very clever gentleman.

12. anthony goodson

Mohawk, I just replied to your post ,which has now disappeared, bit like talking to my wife.

13. ATR72

ATR72 New Member

I can see there has been some Swedish activity in this thread. Does anyone know if it is possible to find pp jet parts in Sweden. I have a boat fitted with a pp 90 jet. However with the boat came drawings for a pp 90 and a pp 90g jet unit. How can I tell wich one is on my boat, and what is the difference.

14. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

I have some bits and pieces on my shelves, send a mail and let me know what you need.

15. ATR72

ATR72 New Member

Thank you for your fast reply. You have mail.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.