pp jet parts

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by big foot, Nov 6, 2009.

1. garrybull

garrybull Senior Member

hi anthony i have posted pics up on this section alrteady and had no replys but i'll stick up another pic on here. i was told its a pp65.

[​IMG]

2. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Yes it is an early 65 ,but the steering nozzle has been replaced with another or modified ,and the nozzle actuating rod attachment point is missing. It appears from the picture that the nozzle won't work in that application ,but to be sure post some pictures from other angles ,sometimes one view is deceptive.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  3. garrybull

garrybull Senior Member

the jet drive was recently fitted on a boat and in use till the engine oil cooler pipe split and the engine seized up.

the steering nozzle turns ok. i was going to make up a steering mechanism for it unless i can get the right part for the steering.

the bloke i got it off took the jet drive off the boat then ended up scrapping the boat with the steering still in it. idiot.

i will get some more pics tomorrow ok.

4. kcmd

kcmd Junior Member

Pp Jet 65

Thank you for the very helpfall advise on my ppjet reading thrue your advise was very helpfall thank you so much.
    Monty

5. anthony goodson

Glad to have helped ,have a good season's boating.

6. windydave13

windydave13 Junior Member

Garrybull.

I've uploaded a copy of the user manual which might help you in stripping it down and getting any parts you need.

Dave

Attached Files:

7. garrybull

garrybull Senior Member

cheers for that dave. do you know where i can get the steering system for it from.

8. anthony goodson

Garrybull the telescopic actuating rods for your reverse bucket and steering nozzle are an integral part of a teleflex cable . My concern is that I cannot see a point on the port side of your nozzle where this rod would be attached.Various modifications have been made to these nozzles ,and if you post more pictures then all may be revealed ,it may be that you have another attachment point or lever originating from the swivel point of the nozzle but I cant see it in the photo.

9. garrybull

garrybull Senior Member

anthony there is a fitting on the nozzle for the steering cable to attach to. i'll have more pics of it tomorrow or tuesday ok

10. windydave13

Garybull,

I've been out and taken a few pics of the steering setup on my Dateline. Whilst it's not a PP65 unit it is very similar.

As anthony said the cable itself is a standard Morse/Teleflex unit, but you need the bit of kit you'll see in the pics to link it all up.
    If someone can tell me what it's actually called i'll be very happy as mine needs to be replaced.
    It basically consists of a plastic balled housed in 2 ally cups which alow it to move slightly. The cable screws in at one end and then bolts to the nozzle.

Apologies for not showing the nozzle and stator in mine, but they're on the bench awaiting paint.

Hope it helps

Regards

Dave

If you can't see the pics let me know

Attached Files:

11. garrybull

garrybull Senior Member

thanks for the pics dave. do you have any problem with water getting in the steering cable?

12. garrybull

garrybull Senior Member

dave any chance you can take a pic of the grate underneath your boat so i can get an idea of how big i need to make mine. cheers

13. windydave13

Garry,
    I'll try and get some pics tomorrow for you.
    As for the water, i did, but i made a a seal out of an old inner tube that i packed full of grease then cable tied both ends. The end on the cable was just tight enough that the cable could move in and out. Seemed to work quite well. Saying that i still have a leak somewhere but i'm hoping new seals on the drive shaft should sort that one.

Dave

14. garrybull

garrybull Senior Member

cheers dave. appreciate it if you can get pics of the grate.

15. windydave13

Here you go fella. Good job the old girl is under cover as it's a little moist out there tonight.
    The pics aren't the best but it's not easy crawling underneath in the dark with the camera in one hand and a tape in the other.

If you need better quality i'll take some at the weekend when the light is better

It might be worth speaking with Brent Voce (T +44 2392 53 9739 ) at NAIAD DYNAMICS UK LIMITED. He was very helpful when i was after details when i thought mine was a PP65. He might be able to give you the exact dimensions of the grate.

Dave

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.