Personal Watercraft jet conversion to boat

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by honda400ex2, Jul 3, 2007.

1. honda400ex2

honda400ex2 New Member

Hi all,

I live in central Minnesota along the Mississippi River with lots of shallow water and I was thinking about putting a jet motor from a Personal Watercraft / Jet Ski into a small 14' aluminum boat that I have. I have not really found to much on this on the internet, but I believe that some one has done this type of conversion. If any one has done this or seen this on the internet, some insight would be great.:confused:
    Thanks alot
    Tim

2. SaltOntheBrain

SaltOntheBrain Senior Member

JetJon

There's a site(It has recently changed hands, though) called JetJon. Forums about that. It used to be fairly lively, but the last time I checked, it was pretty slow.

Google JetFish. It's the name if the previous owner's homebuilt boat with PWC power.

That's as helpful as I can be.

Lance.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.