Jet boat tops out engine revs without planing

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by ade843, Jun 17, 2009.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Not to contradict your statement, I raised that a bit.

And I agree it is confusing, we are used to shoot at this old bum, so duck "kaputt engine #2".

Richard

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

As you say you are new to boating have you checked to see if you have cought up a plastic bag? believe it or not a plastic bag will give you your symptoms.

Even if it were 1 jet only the other would not have the thrust to get onto the plane alone.

3. Pist'n broke

Pist'n broke Junior Member

Another pist'n broke eh. I use the same username for different forums, and pist'n broke has given me exclusivity until now, but as you were here first, i shall rename myself to Jet1

4. Jet1

Jet1 New Member

Jet1 ex pist'n broke checking in. I may pop up now and again as pist'n broke just to confuse the heck out of people :D

1 person likes this.
  5. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

thanks for that jet 1 ....clearly you are not on the british seagull Land rover owner kia forum.......I like your pop up idea.....
    Usulally there is a list of members you can check before you register

Welcome jet 1

6. Jet1

Jet1 New Member

Any developments on this Sam?
    My Almarine is nearly ready for its "maiden" voyage (i think it can be called that as its been so long since it was last in the water!)

7. Oldspeedboats

Oldspeedboats New Member

I am a bit late :(, but just registered :). This boat is an extremely rare Almarine Javelin, built in Diss, Norfolk, England, circa 1975. It had two Rotax engines and two UA jet units, which were made in Sheffield, England. The boat designer was John Neate, who currently lives in MA and the jet designer lives in Australia. I have the history of most of the Almarine boats, Mitcham Boats and Classic Mould boats and some of Link Leisure, USA who all either made or sold them.

8. wargoob

wargoob New Member

that is a rare boat!

you sir have a Alamrine Javelin. If you have replaced the drives I would love to have the old ones for parts..... I have never seen a Javelin but I have heard they they exist. I have a Link Leisure (same as Almarine but in the USA) Seafire and a Meteor which has the same drive as your boat. I realize this is a old thread but if you see this post there is a facebook pare for people who have these boats. Just search for almarine and you will fine it. As far as your planning problem..... it could be the drives but you will never find parts for them unless you machine your own. I would scrap the drive train all together and fine a different solution or if you want a restored original boat go on the search for some Rotax 637 engines and put the dual engine set up back in it and restore it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.