list

Discussion in 'Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics' started by old dog, Feb 11, 2013.

1. old dog

old dog Junior Member

My 4.27m tinny leans to the right all the time with only me onboard. I have a console just forward of the rear seat. I moved the fuel tank to infront of the forward seat. What's the answer? A trim tab or a counterweight.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Move as much gear as possible to the left to try to balance the center of gravity when loaded over the center-line.

If that doesn't correct it, it will improve it so a trim tab won't have to do as much and create as much drag in the water.

Is it a center or right-mounted console?

Photos?

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Move some stuff to the left. The battery, portable fuel tank, ice chest. Anything with a little weight. Actually the heaviest weight in the boat is easily moved, you. Just move to the center. Small boats are very sensitive to where weights are placed. Not much you can do except move stuff around.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.