Where is Boston

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by dskira, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dskira

dskira Previous Member

I can't find our friend Boston. Did he sail with his motoryacht?

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

He got kicked off the forum for some reason. Which is a shame because he did contribute a lot .

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

4. Northman

Northman Junior Member

Boston got kicked out???

I can't believe it!!!!! :mad:

5. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

The bottom line is that if anyone wants to fight with someone or wants to launch a personal attack against someone or insult people, please take it to some other site.

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I liked Boston. But he was getting a little out of hand towards the end... generally getting carried away and getting personal. As I've suggested before (strictly a guess), maybe some stresses in his personal life were affecting his overall attitude. Or maybe he just ran out of patience, and decided to get rude....

7. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Thank you for the update. I didn't know the problem. I fonded Boston quite an asset on the forum.
    Thank you also to Hoyt.
    I hope Boston is sailing with his motor yacht so dear to his heart. The one who get re-sold after he bought it.

8. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Apex-1, Boston, Frosty, <full name redacted> and several others.... all banned for life because at some point they showed too much emotion and violated forum rules.

I got kicked out from another forum when I wrote it felt like the Taliban had taken over, so I won't do that here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
  9. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Thank you. If anyone does feel a need to swear at other people or toss insults at others or fight with others, provoking or keeping a fight going for the sake of fighting, there are many other sites on the Internet that you can use for this purpose. It is unfortunate that it didn't work out, but in this case after fighting for multiple days with another member with many insults tossed back and forth, and repeatedly being asked to refrain from further insults with the thread cleaned several times starting with a polite request to dial it back and finally a simple request to refrain from further insults, the final straw was calling another on the public forum "a flaming jack ***." That's just not what the site here is meant for. Allowing anyone to continue to toss insults and attacks at others after being asked to stop leads to others thinking it's ok. It is not the desire to host pages of this kind of fight. Some will no doubt prefer an environment where it's ok to curse at others or toss insults or personal attacks at others, and there are many other sites where they can enjoy taking part that they may prefer for this reason. The Internet is a big place and no one site will be everyone's choice. The goal is to keep this site a place where the hundreds of diverse people who visit each day can all enjoy coming to share the interest in boat design and all things to do with boats. It would be ideal if everyone could remember to please treat others as they wish to be treated themselves and please take any insults or personal attacks to some other site.

< Question for the moderator | Vimeo >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.