The usual suspects - closed thread(s) that is

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Wynand N, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Ooooopps

Ooooopps

this Wynands
    thread

and we are busy staaaaafffiiiinnn it oooop

Wynand and Jeff

I must apologgisse that i nefer reed Israle or ddomsday or newyork dollar crasssh poropoley
    maaaach tio maach fer my brain

so i figer

Attached Files:

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

LOL. could have stopped at the snorting coke for the most part... ;)

Around here so safe we sit on land making lip sounds...

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

4. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

hey

whitepointer23

WTF

it is way past your bedtime
    its 23h29 here
    are you getting up all already?
    damn another whiskey and I am off to bed

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

6. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

7. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Manie,

I love those seat cushions on that white boat.

I love boating!

-Tom

8. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

I dont agree with the idea that issues such as those commented on are outside the interests or criteria of marime interests.

For those of us involved directly with shipbuilding - super yachts, navy vessels and or workboats, our lively hoods are directly impacted apon by politics, bi-lateral government activities and sanctions.

As an industry and individuals within that industry we share a common interest and voice in these matters and while some posts may get heated and even abusive, I dont think anyone has instigated up a jihad in retaliation.

I believe we are all adult enough to recognize it as a debate, and no one how showed up at my door with a gun or drilled holes in my yacht but then I haven't burnt any books lately but I could....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Body painting Yawn--- I see it every night only younger realy sweet girls. Some girls go back to your' boat' if you have one but they dont like it normally. Ive heard of a few in Phuket jump over the side and start swimming oblivious to the dangers necessitating rescue with the dinghy.

Does this thread not prove that you cant talk about boats all the time, you can read between the line the enjoyment of the rouge subject and safety of it as it was the Admin that started this one.

The only person who can keep 100% on subject would be some one who is being paid for it or some incredibly boring professor and I don't think we have either here.

So basically you can only come here to talk about boats and for the good of the forum, if you are here to enjoy a chat well its not really the place to come.

This thread should be closed, I am offened by the nudity on what is a boat forum.

I came here to find out about propellor grease an I am shocked to find gold fish on ****.

No matter how hard I plead I am sure my next question will be misunderstood but jeffs seemingly misunderstanding of male conversation and how wild and varied it can be brings me to the conclusion I have thought of before and that is without offence intended ---jeff are you female?

Absolutely no offence intended but I see it so many time where the girls will drop thier jaw and say you guys are nuts just because of the crazy varied conversation.

It still remains the best controlled forum I know of.

10. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

In Canada, if you are really fat, you are not required to wear a floatation device ( no joke, it's true ).

So, if you have reeeeeeaally big boobs, then you don't need a life jacket!

There, I did it! Big boobs AND boatstuff!

-Tom

11. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Fat floats. :D

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Swabbie I could not agree more. God bless England and its freedom, land of the free.

Note--- If say-- I wanted to know about fibre glass infusion I would not go to a thread titled Israel then complain I could not find infusion techniques. Actually I don't know what infusion is but I would'nt look for it there.

13. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

I can appreciate that all things are connected in some ways, and I do see how there can be relevance to those working with naval shipbuilding or areas affected by sanctions, etc.

However, the problem with the political threads which sparked this thread, such as the thread originally titled "Righteous Wailings of Isreal" for example, is that the political threads are highly emotive; political or religious threads have not contained much information which is useful or actionable to the average member designing a small boat or building a yacht or choosing a sailboat or powerboat, which is the focus of this site, Boat Design Net.

Possibly there is a need for a site devoted to political aspects of shipbuilding; however with 9 out of 10 complaints arising from threads which don't have to do with boats, it is beyond the scope of this site to provide this. Possibly this is an opportunity for you or another member to create a site which focuses on politics and shipbuilding.

14. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Much latitude is allowed for friendly conversation within threads; however the purpose of this site is to provide a place where everyone can enjoy coming to be inspired by and discuss boat design, boatbuilding, and all things boats and boating.

With the Internet providing hundreds of thousands of sites someone can join in three minutes, it is not necessary for this site to provide the place for everything under the sun that a person wishes to spout off, specifically regarding things which are offensive to other members. This is primarily a boat site; to date the response has been that when an off-topic thread starts causing other members who are contributing and interested in boat topics to be offended, the off-topic threads may be closed. However, with people taking offense when any thread is closed or offensive post removed, and with the majority of complaints arising from political and religious threads which have little useful or actionable information for members interested in boat design and boatbuilding or boats in general, it would be better for everyone to divert the political and religious threads to other forums where they can go unrestrained and where they are welcome, the focus of those sites even, rather than becoming counterproductive to the main goal and focus of this site.

Sites such as facebook or twitter are places for general chit-chat with no topic or focus where "anything and everything goes."
    Nationalistic/Political and religious "preaching" such as "this country should not exist" or "my political party is right and yours is wrong" would be better on dedicated political and religious forums such as
    https://www.google.com/search?q=politics forum
    https://www.google.com/search?q=religion forum

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

ha ha you've got to admit jeff is not bending on this in the slightest.

< link got blanked??? | User Tina123 is spam! >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.