think about this

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by longliner45, Apr 11, 2006.

1. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

dont know if you noticed , some folks have come down hard on others , saying its not ok to say this or that or joke around. but without naming names or pointing fingers .I see the same guys having threads that have nothing to do with boat design or boating in general.all you have to do is look. its ok for them to joke around but not others. there is very much hipocracy and self rightiousness here,and I cant blame any self respecting woman for staying 10 miles away all I can see now is that a good portion of threads is plain bickering ( my own personal opinion),,,,,like *******s everyone has one.,,,,,,,,,time to get back to boats,and fun like it used to be..........longliner

1 person likes this.
  2. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Oh, yes, I noticed. However, whenever something like that get's pointed "someone" has fun with the "whistleblower's" socalled "reputation.

Pretty great system, methinks :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  3. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Yup....... welcome to the Help-yourself-guys with our reputation. I mean thing just happen , u get rep off your shoulder with no clue or message you on who had done that. It is like group reputation assasin working their *** out overtime to get us flush out off the forum........ methink this is insane like agroupy thing......... I prefer being molested than get rep flush out without a clue.

WellyGotBanged

4. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

I believe something is wrong with the system, I have eighteen, but started out with ten. The weird part being that I can only see one positive in my reputation-snitch.

5. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Why do you guys really care about the rep. system? I just plan on not asking stupid questions or bashing on other peoples threads. Let it go for now, maby it won't work out. I really don't think anyone is paying much attention to it anyway.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Previous Member

I just understand the system meaning , I must be careful not to disturb the other by rubbing the wrong feather the wrong time..... I am new but I hope the member can be professional and not backstabbing.

Mayfly

you only live once so enjoy and do the best you can

7. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

That the word back-stabbing really happend ask ceaser for reference. Hope your rep does not decline.

8. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Dang Welly, your rep went down:( How did that happen? We just have to be constructive about our replies. People don't want to get a message in thier inbox about a reply to a post just to see a " :) " . Alot of times I have something to say about a particular post but I keep my mouth shut. This will be mt 17th post, and most are about this subject. I dont comment on things I'm not positive about. It sucks sometimes but oh well.

9. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Welly, it seems that they're targeting you specifically. I replied to the "poop"-post as well, yet noone removed one from me at that time.

Now, a question for those people: How come you're targeting Welly? Is it because his english isn't as good as yours, or is it some sort of "moral selfrighteousness"?

10. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Danish

I'll tell you why their targetting Welly - bloody racism mainly haven't got the guts to speak to him face to face as it were butthey'll stab him in the back (**** that hurt, right in the kidneys, down goes another point from the faceless cowards) the other reason is he's got the guts to stand up and be counted Ok so his English is crap, so's my Indonesian! cowards don't like people who will stand up for themselves.

so how do we counter these numpties - if we leave and say nothing our points stay as they are but hell we die of boredom! And the numpties win!!
    Alternatively we can tell the little sh**s what we think of them, but that upsets the rest (actually it probably won't upset the real men and women out there who understand the situation, but it puts Jeff on the spot which ain't nice

11. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Indeed, that is what I thought they'd answer, or not, as it were. And for this reason alone, this system should be over and done with, as it does indeed promote bullying. But no, even though we said it would, people were using pseudo arguments in order to have their way, in order to "keep order". Oh yes, this is a nifty system if you like bullying others and you only like the people just like you - mainstream, slick, intolerant, and anonymous.

Heck, if we really pull ourselves together on this site, we might out anyone that doesn't speak the queen's english, or should I say mainstream, mediocre american. That way this site may even be as mainstream and mediocre as the moral majority* thinks it should be.

*The Moral Majority is a small(ish) religious-right group from the US, lobbying to get their strict rules stuffed down the throat of others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_Majority

12. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

I really don't think it's racism. Why would you think that? And this from a person who said "mediocre American". I also don't think nationality really HAD much to do with it. If you blokes dont like us Yanks, go start your own fourm with your "queen's english". Its not us against you, and I don't want it to be like that. We are all here for the same reason.

13. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Actually, I wasn't the one saying it was racism - we're not the same person, you know.

What I meant with "mediocre american" is the few numbnuts over there (small fractions like the "Moral Majority"), that has a tendency to drag everything "public" down to mediocre, simply because if they don't, they're "offended". The lowest common denominator.

And about not liking americans - well, it's the few people akin to moral majority-ones I dislike. Über-sensitive, and this I'm willing to bet on, that the blokes raising hell, calling for unformity and mainstream on here are all americans.

I don't speak the queens english either, not even close, and that wasn't the point. The point was that these rules drag everything down to the lowest common denominator, and as it happens, I'm pretty certain that the people that introduced this are all americans.

I'm a bloody dane, and only had the english I was taught in school. Never even been to England for more than a weekend, so, no, I'm not calling for a site where we speak the queen's english, that's my point! If we all have to talk like that, or some "unspecified" social american status (you guys don't have royalties, so what should I call it), then this place would become just at limited and ignorant as a site were everyone had to speak the queen's language.

It's amazing how some people are constantly, and seemingly purposefully, utterly misreading what is written.

14. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

these blokes:are my friends , the aussies the english, the indos, the ,the ,yes I can say it the canadians , all the others that I cant spell right now,all nations are friends to me ,I judge each man on his own merits .,, didnt start this thread to cause trouble, just wanted to shine a light on this subject, I dont think anyone likes to be graded on a scale ,,,,everyone cant be everthing to everyone ( exept my wife) who is watching me now....longliner

15. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

I didnt misread what was written, it just didn't come out on screen like I thought it would. And I didnt mean to imply that YOU said racism Danish, but it was said, sorry. No one likes being graded, but we really didn't have a choice. Something had to be done, it's not our site, Jeff made a chioce, so lets back him up.

< New forum under boat design... motorsailers and multihulls | Two tiered membership >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.