Spell Check

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Doug Lord, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Jeff, I had to get rid of my "google tool bar" which included a spell check facility and translation facility-both of which I miss!
    I notice that when I post "advanced" that there is a little icon on the right-when you click on it, it says spell check for windows. When I look at the page that comes up it has four possible downloads:
    1) (Primary Mirror) CNET Download.com,
    2) (Secondary Mirror) Major Geeks,
    3) (Secondary Mirror) Snap Files,
    4) (US Mirror) hostultra

Which of these should I use-I have Vista with Internet Explorer 8.....

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

I generally find CNET quite reliable, although if you download via the cnet download manager one small thing I don't like is the fact that the cnet download manager "offers" an extra browser toolbar too unless you uncheck that option. I haven't used the other ieSpell mirrors recently.

I must admit that I've gotten accustomed to having inline spell checking built into firefox, safari, and chrome browsers now.

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Thanks ,Jeff! Do you have any recommendations for a translation system that will automatically translate a web page?

4. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Honestly, I myself run the google tooblar and use the google translator.
    I like the ease with which I can one-click-translate and browse the then automatically-translated website. It works as well as babelfish for me, but I only use these for quick browsing.

5. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

----------
    In the last month or so, with the google toolbar, everything slowed down to the point of searches taking way too long. So I contacted Dell-still under warranty- and the rep said there was an issue with the google tool bar. When it was disabled searches were super quick again but I had lost spell check and translation! Very annoying. Do you have any suggestions as to what the real problem might be?

< Forum Group Tab folded up / forum hidden | weird bug >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.