rotated photo

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by philSweet, Jun 17, 2014.

1. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

In windows 7, I'm not seeing this. If I open the sideways jpeg
    original-sideways.jpg
    with paint, choose rotate left or rotate right, and then select "save as" and save it to a new jpeg file, it is rotated to the correct orientation for me.
    rotated-with-paint.jpg

Both attachments in the post you linked are correctly rotated for me, both thumbnail and the full size image. Is it possible your browser is caching a previous image -- can you force your browser to refresh the image with Ctrl + Shift + R or Ctrl + Shift + the refresh button instead of simply the refresh. This sometimes helps when the browser is getting the image from a cache instead of reloading from the web server.

3. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

Okay, so its just me:D

The cache thing makes sense since i didn't do save-as, just an overwrite save.

Stubborn thing though, I can't get it to straighten up no matter what. It will probably have to wait for the next restart in a month or two.

< How do i post in the directory? | About locking the "AC 45 WC Cheating" thread >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.