misplaced threads

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by gonzo, Jun 12, 2006.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I have noticed that some threads are in the wrong section. For example, someone asking for advice on boat repair in the open discussion forum. Would it be possible to have an option to let Jeff know about these threads without cluttering his mailbox?

2. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Good idea. A button that disappeared the moment someone pressed it. That way he wouldn't get inundated with notes either.

I wonder if such a thing is technical feasible without too much work?

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That makes sense. As soon as one person reports a misplaced thread the option would stop.

4. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

I think for the newbies that the large number of catagories and sub-catagories might be a bit confusing. Hell, I get lost in here sometimes. I think maybe Jeff can't keep up with moving all the misplaced threads as there seems to be a lot of them. Boat Design.net is all growed up and getting bigger all the time. Maybe Jeff could use some assistant moderators? Jeff? JEFF!!?

< boatdesign chatroom | Political blurbs and agendas >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.