How to delete files in your gallery, forum rep points, forum attachment sizes

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by MikeJohns, Dec 15, 2006.

1. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

How do manage your image files in galleries when you want to update, delete or replace them?

I can find lots of adding options but cannot so far find any delete options.

Thanks

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

When logged in, under your photo (on the showphoto page, not the thumbnail page) you should see a small text link for "Edit Photo". There you can either swap the photo or click the checkbox to delete it permanently.

3. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Help

Jeff

The wonders of modern technology:confused:

Still doesn't work for me. I logged in afresh , went to my gallery checked I was logged in, get to the thumbnail page and click on an image and all I get is the options shown below. I don't seem to have the ability to edit my own gallery. Is this a setting on my user status that's gone awry?

I tried in Explorer and Firefox.

Cheers

Attached Files:

• scrn.jpg
      scrn.jpg
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
  4. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Yes, I'm very sorry that there are a few glitches that have crept into the gallery software that I'm working to iron out. I believe this is a small one though at least ;)

What happens when you click on "Edit Photo" under "Admin Options" (which should be titled Admin or Photo Owner Options)

5. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Jeff

It tells me I'm not the administrator, or something similar .

Cheers

6. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Sorry about that Mike - I sent you a PM. When you reply to the PM I'd like to login as you to see the exact error you are seeing. I'm able to do this on an unprivileged test account without error so I'll need to look first hand to get to the bottom of this. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

7. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Jeff
    I see that when my profile is awarded points my points go up by considerably less than the formula indicates that they should.

It appears that points are being awarded at the debit rate.

Is this a setting that you have control over or is it a glitch?

Cheers

8. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

To take a few examples, I'm seeing:
    m 06:21, 9th Jan 2007 5 Nicely written - again
    m 01:10, 13th Feb 2007 5 Correct, very important factors too
    l 04:28, 15th May 2007 -4 prat really,
    g 08:09, 19th May 2007 9 Let me give you some points back. Cheers.
    c 21:36, 19th May 2007 2 Good description of a serious problem. See my response.
    l 04:17, 13th Jun 2007 10 bothers me that allk the so called trawler experts etc, have mysteriously disappeared, you have my feedback
    c 13:04, 12th Jul 2007 4 Always informative contributor.

You can see "l's" + reputation counted for 10 and a while before the - reputation counted for only -4 from the same person, 1/2 positive.

The reason the last c reputation altering power is low despite a high personal reputation is that the join date is January 2007 so all of his reputation giving power comes from post count and reputation, whereas join date also carries weight (the original idea behind this being that newcomers, no matter how good, can't come and change the culture of the forum overnight but rather the members that have been here for years have some weight in consideration of the duration of their support of the site.)

9. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Thanks Jeff much clearer (and wiser ) now. I appreciate your prompt response.
    Sorry to have presumed a glitch and dragged you from your chores, enjoy whats left of your summer.

10. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Jeff
    On the subject of files, would it be possible to allow native Rhino (.3DM) files to be a little larger for upload ? This seems to be the native format for most of us now.

At present they are limited to 2MB while many other formats get 10MB, Zipping is an option but on the model I was going to post it achieved very little compression. Or is this a well considered policy to keep your bandwidth down?

Cheers

11. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Updated from 2 to 10 MB. Sorry for the legacy setting -- when put in place years ago, bandwidth was much more limited than now.

1 person likes this.
< Signature Picture Size?? | News page >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.