Electric propulsion sub-forum proposal

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by alan craig, Dec 8, 2016.

1. alan craig

alan craig Senior Member

Dear Sir,
    Fully electric boats are not new in any sense but there is no sub-forum for them within propulsion. Electric boat propulsion posts therefore appear in hybrids, or in design. Here in the UK we have electric ferries, electric water buses, and plenty of electric boats on the Thames and on the Norfolk Broads. America and Europe have many electric only lakes so I feel sure there are many users of the forum who would appreciate their very own sub-forum. Is 2016 going to be the year?
    Yours sincerely,
    Alan Craig
    (on the forum as 'alan craig')

I emailed the above to the webmaster but did not get a response so I am posting it here. If anyone would like to contribute a post to this thread, hopefully "for", you are welcome.

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. Considering adding an electric propulsion sub-forum now, and sorry that your email was missed.

If you have a moment, could you list/link ~10 threads that are currently in the hybrid, boat design main forum, or another sub forum that would be ideally situated in a new electric (only, non-hybrid) propulsion sub-forum.

3. alan craig

alan craig Senior Member

Thanks for your consideration. Here is a list of titles which could be in a new electric power sub-forum; I've listed title and current forum:

Help with calculation for electric catamaran hull BD
    planing electric dinghy BD
    ultra-budget electric kayak made from scraps BD
    diy electric surface drive surface drives
    electric ala Ruby Goldberg hybrid
    all electric "tesla" speedboat BD
    switch to electric outboards
    can solar energy power a catamaran? multihulls
    efficient solar powered (electric) kayak BD
    efficient electric boat BD

Apologies for lack of quick links, I think I need to open two windows for that?

4. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Thanks, and no problem. (and yes, using multiple tabs or windows makes it easier to copy & paste the thread url to create a list.)

Additional
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/propulsion/electric-horses-really-bigger-55435.html
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/bo...atforms-available-zero-motorcycles-56683.html
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/propulsion/just-electric-update-55773.html

5. alan craig

alan craig Senior Member

I've just noticed that we now have an electric propulsion sub-forum!!
    Thanks very much,
    Alan

< Forum Questions & FAQ older than this mark relate to previous version of the forum software | Best way to invite users to participate to a thread >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.