Classing Societies etc Threads

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Willallison, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I'd like to suggest the addition of (yet another!) category - for threads regarding society calssification, scantling rules etc. Between Lloyds, ABS, DNV, Aust Standards, ISO (the list goes on) it's very dificult to keep up with all the many changes that these groups implement in on ongoing basis. With a separate category members could post updates as they become aware of them. It would also add to the 'proffessional' nature of the site. Hell - if were REALLY lucky some of the groups themselves might even give updates...

2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Not a bad idea, Will.
    Cheers.

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

This is a good idea.

I'll add this new forum next week pending any additional suggestions or thoughts in this thread.

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Ah - Jeff - what would we do without him......

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

I'll add my pennyworth to that request, great idea! Allways handy to know what the 'expert' thinks (even if you don't agree with him - gives you a base datum to work to at least!)

< poll paying for site | Signature Picture Size?? >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.