Blocking posts?

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by alanrockwood, Jun 26, 2010.

1. alanrockwood

alanrockwood Senior Member

Is there a way to block posts from certain user(s) from being displayed? I am not talking about preventing someone from posting. I would just like their posts to be omitted from the display when I am logged on and looking at a thread on my computer. This would, of course, not apply when someone is logged on and looking at the same thread on their computer.

Thanks.

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

The ignore list is the best tool for this purpose right now. Click User CP and then click Buddy / Ignore Lists and add their username to the ignore list. (or click here http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/profile.php?do=editlist)

(You will still see a note that the person on your ignore list has posted, but any of their posts will be "hidden" replaced by a one line note that they are on your ignore list.)

3. alanrockwood

alanrockwood Senior Member

Thanks Jeff.

< Pure theorycrafting? | Question >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.