Attn Moderator: Mrs.Margaret Snowe and Son David

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Wynand N, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Have any of you received similar PM's? What these Africans will do to rip one off defies logic, thats now on their part;) :confused:

Margaret Snowe
    C/o Eglise Ouganda
    Catholic church
    1 Liberte Sicap,
    Dakar Senegal.

From Margaret Snowe, Kindest Attention,

I know this mail will come to you as a surprise, nevertheless I am Mrs.Margaret Snowe, aged 55 years, I want to invest jointly with you in your company or in other good lucrative area through your advice and directive.

Am looking foward to recieve your positive response,assurance and your advice through this proposal you can email me back or call me on Tel: ( 00221-682-1745 ) for further clarifications.

Alternative Email: mrs_margaret_13@yahoo.co.uk

God bless you as you heed to my plead for assistance.

Sincerely yours.

Mrs.Margaret Snowe and Son David

2. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Attn Moderator:

I recieved a strange PM that appears to be some kind of scam. Just wanted to make the board aware of it. I apologise if it's not a scam, but it looks pretty fishy to me.

PM follows:

Private Message: From Margaret Snowe, Kinddest Attention.

Yesterday, 07:29 PM

From Margaret Snowe, Kinddest Attention.
    Margaret Snowe
    C/o Eglise Ouganda
    Catholic church
    1 Liberte Sicap,
    Dakar Senegal.

From Margaret Snowe, Kindest Attention,

I know this mail will come to you as a surprise, nevertheless I am Mrs.Margaret Snowe, aged 55 years, I want to invest jointly with you in your company or in other good lucrative area through your advice and directive.

Am looking foward to recieve your positive response,assurance and your advice through this proposal you can email me back or call me on Tel: ( 00221-682-1745 ) for further clarifications.

Alternative Email: mrs_margaret_13@yahoo.co.uk

God bless you as you heed to my plead for assistance.

Sincerely yours.

Mrs.Margaret Snowe and Son David

3. yipster

yipster designer

wouldnt this spam be better discussed in the open discussion than under sailboats anarchist?

(Moderator's note: Thanks yipster - threads have now been merged.)

4. yipster

yipster designer

o yeah, not yet in a PM but had that hundreds of times before. usually the 55 year old fallen from grace lady needs a bankaccount for her legal 55 million.
    here in amsterdam dozens of arrest under africans placing this crab on the net have been made, maybe they walk again?

5. bilgeboy

bilgeboy Senior Member

I got one too,

I think I'm gonna set up a business with her. I've been looking for a previously unknown 55 year old woman from Africa to invest in my ideas. I don't have any so I can't see the harm.

And some complain there are no women around here!

Mike

6. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Some people on the receiving end of these make a competitive "sport" of it all by communicating with the perpetrators and getting them somehow to send a picture of themselves holding up a sign, usually with something absurd written on it. There is a site somewhere with a lot of these pictures, some are pretty funny. I think some of the perps aren't very bright. Sam

7. Wynand N

Dear Wynand N,

You have received a new private message at Boat Design Forums from marg001. Please click here to log in and read it:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/foru........

All the best,
    Boat Design Forums

Best part though, I did a member search and cannot find this member, how did she/he sent the PM:confused: :?:

8. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

SamSam what's the site? any idea sounds extremely entertaining:D

9. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

Yes Wynand, I did receive a mesage from the very same people, just like you have received.

First of all Wynand, and that is to all Forum members - A Very Prosperous and Happy 2006!!!!!

10. Wynand N

11. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Very sorry for dropping the ball in my moderation duties on this - I took the day 'offline' on New Years eve for once.

I also had the members list set to only show members with more than 0 posts and didn't realize that in doing so I had also made the search not display newly registered users who had not yet posted in the forums. Sorry about that. Appears next week I'll have to alter it so members with 0 posts canot send PM's.

Again, sorry for missing this thread until now. marg001 has been banned.

12. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Updated - now only users with more than 5 forum posts can use the PM system.

13. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

I used to be exportdirector - before I got involved in boats - for a company that sold pharmaceiticals and chemical products in Africa, specifically in Nigeria.
    Nigeria is often the country involved in this kind of *SPAM* - since I know this black hellhole quite well I have adjusted my mailbox as such that this garbage, criminal mail is destroyed immediately. Only when it comes from non-filtered sources, like boatdesign, they come through.

They use planecrashes, you have inherited, I am looking for a reliable partner, ....you cannot imagine what sort of non sense they use.

The continuous civil uprisings in Nigeria brought our company almost on its knees, we managed to get out in time but lots of did not.

I went to the Congo, after I met a Congolese diplomat who borrowed 25.000 DFL from us to buy a * Mercedes * - he had already a cabrio Ford Mustang.
    For some time I lived quite well in Kinshasa till all in a sudden, on a day I came back from Brussels, I saw the University completely circled by armoured soldiers, their weopons pointed on the unarmed students.

After that it went from bad to worth, till I had to leave the country too with the French Legion, who came in rescue of the French citizens that were stuck there since the airport of Ndjili was bombed by the rebels and could not be used anymore.

I have seen cruelties done to expats by those black rebels that are unbelievable and each time I see such a phising e-mail the red comes for my eyes.

14. Vega

Vega Senior Member

well, even if the thread is on the wrong place, the subject deserves discussion.

I have received a private message just like the one received by Shife.

Now, looking at the good side, Marg001 is a member of this forum and she is a woman. There is a thread somehere complaining that this forum had no women....Well , there is at least one:p :p :p

15. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Shife: Thanks for bringing this to my attention -- Marg001 mrs_margaret_13@yahoo.co.uk has now been banned because of these spam PMs.

Vega - :D

< Thumbnails??? | Death threats >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.