ATT email users may be unable to join or get topic updates via email

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

We've recieved a couple of inquiries today -- it appears att.net has for reasons unknown put a block in place against mail from the forum mail server.

550-67.19.227.228 blocked by ldap:u=rblmx,dc=worldnet,dc=att,dc=net
    550 Blocked for abuse.

We have contacted ATT to request this block be removed (or at least for details on why it is in place as we are seeing nothing out of the ordinary on this end) and they promise a 24-48 hour response, but until then, if you have an ATT address you will likely not recieve topic subscriptions via email, nor will new members be able to activate their forum accounts using ATT mail accounts.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Have received word back from ATT that
    I do not see any issues on our end, so I believe this will be resolved shortly.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience during this time.

Edit: This should now be resolved. Thanks to ATT for a speedy resolution.

Also I should note that if anyone reading this no longer wishes to receive email updates on threads you've posted when someone replies, please go to your UserCP (User Control Panel) and, as applicable:
    1.) delete all thread subscriptions
    2.) change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "none" instead of "instant email notification" under Edit Options

Please, please do not report forum-generated mails as spam using a webmail other system.
    If you ever have any issues, please email webmaster (at) boatdesign {dot} net.

Many thanks, and once again sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for ATT users during this period.

< Yacht Designer Bible Poll | question re changing my moniker >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.