What are the costs involved in building a fibreglass 17 foot center console flats?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Greasy, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Greasy

Greasy Junior Member

Im looking to find the costs involved in building a small flats boat if i had a mold to press boats from? If there is anyone here that could enlighten me please.

2. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Alot.
    When you say "a small flats boat", is it A boat, single? Or is it A type, many? I looked through your past posts and I see you've had a few questions along the same lines, what have you found out?

3. Greasy

Greasy Junior Member

Not a whole lot. I havent had much time lately to look into the subject and i was looking for information from people here, since it seems to be a good place to start.

Im looking to find the costs involved per boat basically. im looking at a 17' flats boat mold and am trying to figure out what it will cost me to actually make one once i have the mold. I cant seem to get a straight answer or a ball park figure anywhere. just a guess from some people who have made boats is really all im looking for at this time.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.