USA Marine Windows (shipping costs)

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by TripleCrownNC, Apr 14, 2009.

1. usa marine

usa marine Junior Member

Thank you for Looking at the site!

Listen to all of you. We are not here to Take Any money from anybody!
    We have been in business over 30-yrs. This Is first time we ecounter a problem with a Customer who is unhappy with the shipping Charges.

We will say by all means that if he is not happy we will REFUND his money back and we can take our custom Product , and resell it!. No other Co. Would do such a thing on a custom product that will sit in the shelf for how Long?

We are Proffesionals and we enjoy extending our hand to our Customers ,especially when they have technical questions, and need help on how to measure a window or door. We are here to give a good service and outstanding Quality.

Thank you kindly
    Guill
    USA Marine Windows Mfg inc.:)

2. usa marine

usa marine Junior Member

We have been in business over 30-yrs. This Is first time we ecounter a problem with a Customer who is unhappy with the shipping Charges.

We will say by all means that if he is not happy we will REFUND his money back and we can take our custom Product , and resell it!. No other Co. Would do such a thing on a custom product that will sit in the shelf for how Long?

We are Proffesionals and we enjoy extending our hand to our Customers ,especially when they have technical questions, and need help on how to measure a window or door. We are here to give a good service and outstanding Quality.

Thank you kindly
    Guill
    USA Marine Windows Mfg inc.:)

3. usa marine

usa marine Junior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you kindly
    Guill
    USA Marine Windows Mfg inc.

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

having been a contractor my whole life I can assure you I have bumped into this issue with a customer before
    even though I felt I made it clear that shipping is not included
    how I handled it depends of how much of a pain in the *** the customer is and if he sounds like he/she sincerely didnt know about the shipping charges
    but the vast majority of the time
    I covered the shipping for them just to keep a happy customer
    hell
    I covered a $7,000 + shipping cost once
    so my basic principal in this regard is
    eat it
    and you customer will probably be your pall for life
    bother making a big deal over peanuts and your going to end up in a situation like this

my bet is this guy may have been given notification of the additional charges for shipping but not have read it or realized it was his responsibility

you made an error in not eating the charge USA marine
    no mater how good the product is
    you just pissed off a customer
    my two cents

schooner windows and doors
    B

5. kroberts

kroberts Senior Member

If you look at my original post on this thread, repeated below, my real objection with this situation is the way in which the vendor responded to the complaint on this forum.

The FTC web site is where consumers can file complaints. It's the best way to handle this if it can't be handled between the vendor and the customer. The FTC does not just blindly take the customer's side, they look at the complaint and see if there is a valid gripe.

I also think this is just a situation where the customer either didn't clearly understand that the shipping charges were extra, or where he knew but didn't want to pay it. It's not automatically the vendor's fault, and unfortunately there is not really good way to know from the outside since we have not seen or heard the entire dialogue. That's what the FTC is for.

In the favour of USA Marine, the information about shipping IS stated in the section mentioned. Also, they are not a dot-com (you can't order directly from the site) so it's harder to be sure the customer understands that shipping is extra.

Which gets us back to the vendor's freaky posts. You guys definitely need to train on that sort of thing, especially when it's visible on a forum.

6. angler marine

angler marine New Member

This is an Honest Co.

We have dealt with this Co. and many of our compettitors have dealt with them also.

I believe their was a misunderstanding between USA Marine and that customer!

They provide excellent service, and products.
    and one thing they sure do is pack all their items really good.
    It is a shame that some customers have come to this.

all of this is unprofessional, and givng advise of the trade commission is obscurd.

You need to really get stop all that ridiculous posting and do something good for the boating forum.

Chris
    Angler Advanced Marine

7. TripleCrownNC

TripleCrownNC Junior Member

Guill, when you are on the phone with a customer and outlining all of the costs, reach a value, and tell them that is the all inclusive cost, and take their payment right then and there, that should be it. If there are additional charges you tell them BEFORE they pay you and how much it is going to be.

The very first time I heard about shipping charges is when the distribution center called me. Nothing ever from you.

That was mistake 1

Mistake 2 is not recognizing mistake 1 when I brought it to your attention and meeting me half way on it. I called you, the shipping company called you, and I clearly outlined my displeasure in an e mail, that you read on the spot.

I don’t feel I bashed you, I just described what happened.

I am not filing any complaints.

I am no longer upset about it, and I take a lesson from it. You should too. I still think you should make some concession for your part in this and not leave it all on me.

I received on my door step some custom electronics this week (that cost more than your windows so we are not talking peanuts) that I handled the same way and there were zero surprises.

All of this could have been avoided if you met me half way and you turned down the chance.

I have not mentioned your product. I am pleased with it and would have much rather taken that position and proped you up than all of this.

8. usa marine

usa marine Junior Member

Problem Resolved

I tell You What ! We will Credit your Account for Shipping Purposes, and we will maintain a good relationship, and will allways make sure we are clear on shipping charges. I believe We will meet you $ 65.00 is what you payed, so we will credit you. Since you did like the product and are happy with it we will work it out with you.

O.k god bless and have a happy week.

Thanks
    Guill
    USA Marine Windows Mfg Inc.

9. blaze_125

blaze_125 I see the light!

And they lived happy ever after :)

10. TripleCrownNC

That is all I asked for, issue resolved, thanks

11. TripleCrownNC

Just to cap it, the windows have been installed and they look very nice. I think each of us learned a little something. According to Guill a computer glitch prevented me from seeing the invoice before it was too late. He has made up the difference and all is well.

12. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Hey USA, now that you refunded money for shipping - can you give a quote on some windows. Lets start with door windows. 2 x 2 ... How thick do you recommend?? I also need some three pieces of 4x8.

Thanks

13. emilymarie2

emilymarie2 New Member

Complete disaster of a window company

Do yourself a big favor and do not order windows from this company. I had a nightmare experience and would never again order from this company. I asked Guill in my first email how long it would take to get my wndows and his response was 4-6 weeks, my windows arrived 6 weeks late, it took them 12 weeks to ship my windows. Shipped one then another one a few days later, arrived with painted frames when I ordered non painted aluminum frames, windows did not fit my opening even after I shipped them my old windows to build off of. I had to hire a professional fiberglass company to install the windows due to his mistake. I had to pay additional storage fees due to the windows being 6 weeks late and caused me to lose 6 weeks of boating time. Total disaster of a company then complained that I was calling everyday after 6 weeks to find out where my windows were!! stay away.:mad: readers digest version of the countless emails sent to this disaster of a company:

April 5th 9 pm
    I need these windows quoted as fixed medium duty windows. Window opening is 5 1/2" wide by 82 " long top and bottom of the port and starboard side window. First window is the starboard side, second pics is the port side. Can I have a small sample of your frame?
    Response:

April 6th 4:55 pm
    Hello Eric these windows cost $685.00 each

GUILL.

U.S.A. MARINE WINDOWS AND DOORS MFG INC.
    5945- RAVENSWOOD RD # I-14-16
    FT LAUDERDALE. FLORIDA 33312
    http://www.usamarinewindows.com
    BUSINESS - 954-987-7707
    FAX- 954-251-2492
    USCG APPROVED SYSTEMS
    ABS APPROVED SYSTEMS.

April 6th 5:09 pm

Turn around time 4 to 6 weeks,

GUILL.

BUSINESS - 954-987-7707
    FAX- 954-251-2492USCG APPROVED SYSTEMS
    ABS APPROVED SYSTEMS.

May 1,

Hi Guill,

I sent my old windows to you three weeks ago, just wondering when the new ones will be shipped out thanks.

Guill’s email response:

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 11:20 AM, USA Marine Windows <marinewindows@usamarinewindows.com> wrote:

Estimate two weeks I production...

GUILL.

After Guill lied in the email on May 1 about production time and hearing countless excuses about delay after delay from Guill, this is the email I sent on June 18th, weeks after Guill said they would be done:

June 18th
    Just got a call from R/L carriers, she said they tried to pick the windows up yesterday and the shipment was not ready. She said they just picked up the windows today, which is very disappointing because as you said they would be at my office by noon or 1pm on Thursday June 19th.

Last email sent was June 25th 5;24 pm with no response:

Guill,

I wanted to follow up and explain the numerous problems I had with your company, the list of problems and extra cost associated with my order is below.

1. You were 6 weeks late on delivery, you promised 4-6 weeks, my old windows arrived at your location on the 8th of April and I got the second window June 23rd.
    2. The windows did not fit my opening, I had to hire a professional fiberglass repair company at $800.00 to fix your mistake and you had my old windows to look at to make sure the new ones would match up so there should be no excuse as to why your new window did not fit.
    3. I spoke to Stephanie your receptionist and told her I wanted polished aluminum frames, you sent grey painted frames.
    4. Due to your failure to deliver the windows per your promise of 4-6 weeks it delayed launching my boat causing me loss of use for 6 weeks at $250.00 per week = $1500.00
    5 Due to your failure to deliver the windows per your promise of 4-6 weeks I had additional inside storage cost of $600.00
    6 The black window sealer you used was all over the second window when it arrived.

The extra cost due to your late delivery was $2900.00, you can refund my credit cards for the amount of the windows or pay the extra cost I incurred due to your late delivery.

NO RESPONSE FROM USA MARINE WINDOWS:

14. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Any company that accuses a customer of "hiding behind a keyboard" is suspect. Emails are binding legal documents. Phone conversations can't be re-read and quoted.

15. emilymarie2

emilymarie2 New Member

I have a lot of emails from this *****, see updated first post

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.