Are These Laminates Too Heavy? Advice On Pvc Honeycomb Cores.

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by VIKING, Jul 27, 2003.

1. jimslade

jimslade Senior Member

corecell is not airex and the reason why your boats hold up is you use epoxy as per your web site. you cannot compare epoxys to polyester. There is no such thing as catastrophic failure with nidacore. Check out long term durability with foam cores. not great. Ask any boat surveyor.

2. War Whoop

War Whoop Senior Member

Sounds good Ray I saw some pictures of those boats.

Right now I am working on something along those lines only 10 meters with a single diesel .The projected range/fuel consumption looks real good using past projects as a guideline ..Now electric power is back on down here (bad hurricane) I can finish the plans. I will keep you posted. Take care Best Regards

3. War Whoop

War Whoop Senior Member

LOL look at my site again where did I mention or claim Airex and corecell were common or analogous?????? I have boats Airex (PVC) with over 120 races on them as for the Airex I was using that before Core cell (San) was a glint in Tom Johansson eye BTW A lot of Mega Sport fish and Yachts are of Corecell and NOT Nida whatever for the obvious reason. Maybe the thought of those little tiny cell walls holding their expensive hull together and the insurance problem with an un-rated material!But I am not going to the MANY reasons I like the ductile materials.

4. War Whoop

War Whoop Senior Member

Whoa I missed the Polyester flowerpot material thingy. Never touch the stuff!! Vinyl-Esters now a very different matter and I have an extensive background/success with them also.

5. buckknekkid

buckknekkid Senior Member

single with a pod? the Passage makers are now thinking more about cats and the idea is to put together a replacement for my floating lounge that can get out and back for day trips in 6-8's without the resultant hurling of tourists.:eek:

6. War Whoop

War Whoop Senior Member

Plus the fuel savings in todays money.

7. buckknekkid

buckknekkid Senior Member

amen! those rats are eating me out of house and boat