Telstar 26 complete renovation and modification project

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by ar99kid, Mar 12, 2013.

1. ar99kid

ar99kid Junior Member

well since i haven't post long time because i have a lot of work to do , i will put some more of my project... i after 6 months of work i am far away from finishing and i had to put a stop on the project . we have started the racing season and i have to take care of my car and my clients ... so until august or september i don't think i will get any more time to work on my boat :(
    some more pics of the progress:
    the amas are finished , well almost ...
    i have started to work on the interior. my goal is the following:
    1. two double berths separated in any way one from the other so will have at least a little privacy
    2. kitchen with everything needed , two sinks fresh and salt water, plates , dishes, forks spoons etc
    3. bathroom cabin with toilet , sink and shower . i want to make it in that sort of way that anybody at any hour can use it without deranging other person in the boat ...this is a pretty difficult task !
    4. foldable table
    5. bar with drinks holder and glasses
    6. refrigerator close to kitchen with easy access
    7. storage for clothes for each couple
    well i think this are the important things i am looking for

so here is a drawing of my boat interior

Attached Files:

2. ar99kid

ar99kid Junior Member

so i have cut out everything from the interior and also just draw an informative line of the doors

next thing to do was reinforcing the front wall , sides lower deck . in front of the boat there were two round tubes and i have made some more and glass them all the way to the back

front wall bulkhead upper side to the top...4 layers of fiber glass on each side bolted every 4"

Attached Files:

3. icentropy

icentropy New Member

Amazing work. I just wanted to post to thank you for showing us all the great work. I can wait to see the finished product.

4. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Where are you upto with this project? Let us know please!

Richard

5. KenBT

KenBT New Member

Ken here from BuildThreads, Inc.

Congrats and nice work ar99kid - this build thread was chosen as a Best Build Thread pick for this week. [​IMG]

What this means is that a bunch of guys who like to build stuff (cars, trucks, 4x4s, bikes, cabins, boats, planes, and garages) and have read a ton of build threads, thought that this build thread makes a valuable contribution to online DIY culture.

So, without further ado:

[​IMG]

Congrats again and cheers! [​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.