Slickcraft 1975 stringers and floor.

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Art1848, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Art1848

Art1848 Junior Member

I just came by this boat, SS-235 22' Got the drive out engine to prop, now to tackle the wood rot. Stringers are junk from stern to the first step down, some bulkheads also. engine stringers are OK, as is the transom. Foam is waterlogged. Boat is sitting on a roller trailer ( sent pics) do I, or should I, get it off the trailer and put it on a straight and flat cradle? Could I put a 2" strap under it at the helm bulkhead with a hoist and a wood cradle under the transom with a jack to lift it and get the trailer out? As you can see I have some of it gutted, should I work one side at a time or gut it all from the step rear of the helm back. all opinions are welcome and happily received Thanks Art

Attached Files:

2. bryanemer7

bryanemer7 Junior Member

I would look at using SpaceAge Thermo-Lite Board. It is similar to Coosa in terms of the foam and fiberglass but much better quality, consistency and service.

http://spaceagesynthetics.com/

3. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Can you share your test data comparing SpaceAge with Coosa?

And how does cost compare?

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Really, you've joined today and dropped 6 nearly identical plugs for "Thermo-Lite", but the site has no real data other than it being a 9 pound urethane foam. How about some pricing compaired to similar core products. Lastly, how can you compare a foam core product with Coosa?

5. lake pirate rrr

lake pirate rrr Junior Member

rrr .. it be spam fer shore

bt way .. i got to my hull by jacking at the transom and placing cinder blocks n' wood at the aft a the craft .. then pinched a block under the keel up high enough to lay out some pallet racking beams i have for little tasks such as this ..

though me boat is probably much lighter than y oars .. rrr

6. bryanemer7

bryanemer7 Junior Member

Thermo-Lite Board

What thickness and sheet size are you looking at? How many sheets?

7. Art1848

Art1848 Junior Member

I believe I'm going to use 3/4" Marine Ply, and treat it the best I can, It should last me my life time. Shipping can be a killer to NE Wisconsin.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.