sailboat=rowboat

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by zbernier, Aug 23, 2004.

1. zbernier

zbernier New Member

I am curious, if not determined on putting oar-locks into my laser 1 sail boat inorder to be able to row it. Does anyone have any experience with this. i think that my main question is about where should the oarlocks be placed with relation to the leangth of the boat for the best function. The oarlocks will be removable so dont anyone get any crazy ideas that Im throwing away a good sailboat for a halfassed row boat.

2. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

Find the most comfortable rowing position, ensuring you have a good place to plant your feet, then stick 'em (oarlocks) right there. You do want to be about amidships or a little aft for best tracking, but I assume your sailboat has an aft cockpit as most do (excuse my ignorance, I'm not familiar with Laser). :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.