RIB Tube maker

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Jeff Therrell, Jul 18, 2005.

1. wet-foot

wet-foot Senior Member

Hi Jeff,

Do you have any photos or diagrams of the tube chamber with removable bladder, interested in seeing how the bladder is accessed. Yes it would be worth while to keep a spare bladder so leaking tubes are never an issue, plus the leaker could be patched and always ready to go, “great idea”. Also if you can get an arm through the access port one could do a really nice repair on the outer skin from the inside. I’m guessing the bladder is a really light material to keep the weight down, really no need for strength here! Fast easy tube repair will certainly draw attention. Why don’t you shoot some video of the water tests for all to see? Will be following your progress, very interested.

2. Jeff Therrell

Jeff Therrell Junior Member

The bladder goes in through a 5" hole in the tube and the outside fill panel stays on the outside and covers the hole. I don't think Jay has shot any video but I'm sure he will,he is a professional photographer he takes pictures of everything.
    Thanks
    Jeff Therrell