Replace Transom in my 1982 Sportcraft

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Deanman74, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Deanman74

Deanman74 New Member

Last year I bought a 22' 1982 Sportcraft OSFF 222 with a soft transome, I did a repair that got me through the summer but now I would like to replace the transom. Just looking for anyone that may be familiar with this boat. Sportcraft is out of business so Im finding it hard to get info on her. I would like to seperate the shell of the boat from the hull vs. cutting the back of the boat to gain access to the transom. It looks like that the only place where the top is attached to the hull is around the side where the moulding wraps around the boat. I can't find any other signs of where the inside of the boat may be attached to the hull tub. Anyone familiar with this boat? any advise is appreciated. Thanks.