Mini OB Boat conversion to Mini Jet Boat

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by LilWake, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

Too bad. Sorry I didn't complement you on the red bilge. I didn't get a reply from you when I commented last time.
    Glassed together is the very best.
    3M 5200 is also a strong adhesive joint.
    Usually it's augmented with some mechanical fasteners which hold the rubrail on. It comes in either fast-cure or 7-day cure tubes.
    Screws are the worst because they can work their holes bigger over time and work loose.

2. HydroRocket

HydroRocket Junior Member

I'm still following as well. I think everything looks great so far. Not that I'm a professional boat builder or NA...

3. LilWake

LilWake Senior Member

For those interested in seeing the end of this build, I figured I'd swing in and give you 2 links to follow me. I post all updates on both so pick whichever link you would like. No more updates will be made here.

Thanks to all who participated in this thread and especially those who offered their help!

LIL WAKE on PerformanceBoats.com

LIL WAKE on PWCToday.com

4. LilWake

LilWake Senior Member

Thought I'd stop in and show you all a video from last weekend!

IT'S ALIVE!

5. tomas

tomas Senior Member

More input/suggestions?

I'm new to this forum (my first post) and I just found your thread today. I'm wondering if you would have received more input if you had started this thread in the CONSTRUCTION::BOATBUILDING section instead of the BOAT DESIGN section.

Congratulations getting this on the water. Great job. Looks like fun. I will check out the other forums. Thanks for the links.

6. LilWake

LilWake Senior Member

Tomas, Thanks man. Yeah I wonder if that would have made any difference? I couldn't switch it after it was made though, which is unfortunate. Thanks for checking out my thread!

7. LilWake

LilWake Senior Member

For anyone other mini boat owners here, there is a badass new forum that is strictly for you. www.miniboatmadness.com We finally have a spot of our own. Go check it out. Share your mini boats. We are trying to get as much info and projects over there as possible. Always welcoming new boats, custom projects, and concepts to drive inspiration for the mini boat world!