level horizon

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Deeman, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Deeman

Deeman Junior Member

Deep V:
    A thought occured to me; How does one determine where the level of the boat floor is, bow to stern and starboard to port, when rebuilding the floor or building a boat from scratch? Do the mfg 's usually mark the hull inside with ridge or line somewhere? I know I can float in calm water somewhere and check set-up level. However, if on a trailer or jacks what do you do? On mine I can measure from the cuddy dash down for left and right, but it may not be correct either and varies from boat to boat. No clue from bow to stern. I am using the original floor location on the hull, but who knows, it may not be right.

Any Thoughts?

Eric H
    Work in Process..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.