Info

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by diehard, Aug 10, 2004.

1. diehard

diehard Guest

I have a 17 fiberglass fishing boat. I am putting in new floor and doing new inside side panels. I will be using exterior grade plywood but the question is for the floor should I cover with 6oz cloth and 3oz mat and the same with the side panels. Also what kind of resin would you guys recomend I have no clue to the differant types of resins and epoxys. I would also like to know of a good book that will help in my adventures. Thanxs in advance.....

2. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

Try these:

002 The Gougeon Brothers on Boat Construction
    Hardcover-297 pages.
    Over twenty years of experience building with wood and epoxy are compiled in this fourth edition. Extensive chapters on lofting, safety, tools and construction methods are described with the aid of hundreds of detailed illustrations and photographs. Over 70,000 copies in print.

002-970 Wooden Boat Restoration & Repair
    Softcover-80 pages.
    This manual shows you how to do professional level repairs and renovations that dramatically extend the life of your wooden boat. Dry rot repairs, structural frame repairs, and plank repairs using modern products and techniques are among the many solutions covered in this fully illustrated manual.

002-550 Fiberglass Boat Repair & Maintenance
    Softcover-84 pages.
    A complete, illustrated guide to most fiberglass boat repair problems. Includes detailed instructions on repairing rotted stringers and frames, delamination, keel damage. Also covers fairing keels, hardware bonding, finishing and installing teak veneers.

Source: West System, http://www.westsystem.com/