Hurricane Structural Repair

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by dolsen, Feb 2, 2006.

1. dolsen

dolsen New Member

I have a 35 center console w/T250 that was damaged during the last hurricane season, the major damage was done to the side deck area. I have stripped all damaged areas and repairing using 3/4 core-cell A500foam in the effective areas. The deck structure design was rebuilt using Core-cell and is already in place ready for lamination, I am able to get at both sides of the core. Here's my question.......What fabric lamination schedule/Type/weight/# of layers would you think be best to cover the core-cell for this fairly high impact area. Area is approximately 8 ' long, additional stiffeners can be added internally. This has been a great project for my son and I, but want to get it right. Thanks for any help. Doug

2. buckknekkid

buckknekkid Senior Member

3. dolsen

dolsen New Member

Thanks I Race, that is very informative.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.