help with boat building project

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by amber, May 18, 2008.

1. amber

amber Junior Member

We are company building small boats in Lithuania. We intend to produce big powerboats and we are looking for experts on modern design. Our current plan is to design and build a boat, which should be about 11-14 meter long, and between speedboat and slower models.
    We need a completed design project including interior and exterior design with all technical drawings. Maybe somebody already has any completed design projects for similar kind of boats. Moreover, we would like to know an estimate for building (list of details, time consumes, costs). Where could we get this information?
    Thank you for your information in advance.

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

are you a scammer or what????,,,well people this is ambers original post,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    We are the company building small boats in Lithuania. We intend to produce big powerboats. Our current plan is to design and build a boat which should be about 11-13 meter long, and between speedboat and slower models.
    We need a completed design project including interior and exterior design with all technical drawings in order to provide detailed our business plan to investors. Maybe somebody already has any completed design projects for similar kind of boats.
    Thank you for your information in advance.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    this was my response,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    im thinking anyone with all the info you want,,,will want money for their work?,,and if you need a project showing your investors what your planning to do,,,so that they'll keep giving you money,,shouldnt it be YOUR boat,,that your planning to build?,,,,in short,,,it sounds like you need our help to fool your investors that your way more then what you are.,,,the way this reads,,,is your scamming people and want our help,,,,,but i could be wrong ,,,but....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    now lets see how many more threads ya can start,,,,what we up to now?3?
    i think you need ta be WATCHED.....

3. amber

amber Junior Member

What's wrong, watcher? We need a help and we're looking for it as we think is possible. Could YOU help us?

4. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

roughfly calculate material cost at $10k a ton,and since im a watcher,,hehe,,i would think that anyone already in the business, would have more "contacts" available to them, then the "every day" boater.and as for the design aspect,,your asking for a $10k job or more just for that,,specially since you want both ex/ in terior design,and then technical drawings at that will run another $5k,,and a completed design all together,,especially someones "own",,will cost another $10k if your lucky,,then to get someone to go over all this info, and give you a projective cost estimate,,would be in the $1k range.
    and like i said,,,even a small bank,,,would want the info on the boat you "intend" to build,,,not an idea of "something like this one".and then as i read again,,,what is a boat "slower" then speed boat?,,cruiser, sport fisher,luxury,row?,,,,,,,,,,
    what made me ask questions in your FIRST thread,,,,was your "investors" talk,,,then your second thread was started without "that" word in it,,instead of just explaining in your first thread what was needed and why,,,then a third post,,,,all in a matter of how long?....so ,,from the very begining, you havent sounded, acted,or even have the knowledge of even the smallest boat building companies.,, so in general,,,avoiding the first thread,,and moving along was what made me a "watcher",,,,,,,,and before its even said,,,YES,,there are LOTS of scammers,,thieves,,and down right "yucky" people who come to forums and ask and act that way,,,,,,,,,read all of my posts,,,you'll see that i try to help when i can,,,,but when i feel "iffy" bout a thread,,,,i bat bout,,75%. ,,,but sorry if im wrong,,,its just that theres alot of nice people on this forum that i consider friends,, and they help out as much as they can,,and sometimes thats taken advantage of,,their like trusting boat people,,,,me,,,i hate boats,, and dont trust many,,but it "evens out" the "whole" forum,,,,,,,,,so in a way im sorry for all this,,,but in another,,,,im not.

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

and the reason why nobody has replied to this thread is

what

why

who

oh no not again

1 person likes this.
  6. masalai

masalai masalai

Aw "watcher", you may have spoiled a bit of fun while we got the "enquirer" to detail the project, available capital resources, bank references, residential and other physical addresses and so forth................ more fun than confronting him in the first post..... Some of us is bored you see...

The ghost, (not the phantom- I dont wear purple leotards with underwear on the outside he he), who moves around would like a bit of an excuse to travel (an OOB experience)

7. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

im betting they have non of em,,hehe ;)

8. amber

amber Junior Member

I think I started from the wrong question. Besides, my English is not very good, but I think you will understand what we need. So, I'm starting from the other side.
    My investors need to know the costs and time consumes for the boat building. It would be a 14m two-engine sport cruiser for 6 persons. First of all, I would like to get such kind of information:
    · moulding – how many hours to make, quantity of material (FRP/Composite)
    · what rooms – for what kind of works
    · how many workers
    · interior/exterior works – how many hours, how many and what details
    · the succession of works
    · enumeration and quantity of all details
    · how many hours to build the whole boat
    Having this, we could make estimates of labour costs, details making costs etc. That’s why we don’t need the exact vessel project. My investors want to know the costs of building and I am trying to gain this information. If our investors decide that the idea is worth for taking this business, then we will need an exact vessel project. I know nothing goes for free and I think we could make good bargain