Gelcoat Ring repair

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by rianhanson, Apr 29, 2005.

1. rianhanson

rianhanson New Member

I had stress cracks wich i took out the dmg and then filled with fiberglass/resin.. all turned out well.... Then i tinted and sprayed the gel to cover the repiar (Gelcoat with 50%Duratec HG additive) and then proceeded to wet sand the repair after the glecoat hardend ( i waited over night ). Everything buffed up nice, color match was pro but i was left with a "ring" around the repair. I sanded with 600 to get out the orange peel and then 1500 to get out the previous grit and then buffed with Aquabuff 2000 for the finish. Ive had this problem a few other times and sometimes i havent... any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks