Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Construction > Boatbuilding > Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 04-22-2011, 12:17 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
2001 19' Flare

This is a new Flare built by H&H Fiberglass out of Auburndale Fl. Great boat rides really nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Flare Boats?-imag0602.jpg  

Old 04-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Previous Member

I would leave the foam out of the stringers !! What good is it doing ??
The finish for the inside after a really good sand and all smooth use a paint riller and roll a coat of interior gel over the whole inside . Its wiil give you a slight stippled effect and hides most lumps and bumps . Gell coat is resistant to most things even spilt petrol etc etc .
Have fun !!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:41 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Flare Boats

My husbands father started Flare boats. He knows everything there is to know about all that and is now a second generation boat builder as well. AdvancedMarineFLKeys.com

Old 12-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes View Post
Here are some stringers systems that some boat manufacturers use for their boats. Just in case anyone would like to switch from wood to Foam filled. They can be used as ideas. But remember, not every boat is the same. They all have diferent configurations and structural needs. You might just need to check how your original stringers were set, foam calculation, etc.
Speaking from personal exspreiance making small power boats for many years All glass boat will last for a long long time . My own boat was bult 1975 and has a glass liner under the glass floors and is as good as tha day it was fitted . solid as a rock . The company i woked for we always fitted glass top hat sa they called it . Was set on set glass and weighted down and the gunned round all the flanges, when it was hard the weights were removed and the same with the glass floor that was fitted ontop
I have replaced the complete transom in my boat bebause it was wet and really heavy . Had lot a modifications to do anyway so was cut and in the bin made a differant shape that also incorpirated a 450 mm sxtension and the first motor must have been a old 16 inch , later a 20 inch and now i have a 25 inch wood has no place in small powerboats !! you can soak it , paint it glass it anstill water will find its way in . same with foam dont use it it nothing but trouble .