Fiberglass boat repair

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Ducksdemise, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Ducksdemise

Ducksdemise New Member

I purchased a Shell Lake Duck boat 13' marsh Boat all fiberglass except for the Keel, Seats and Seat supports. I had to replace all the wood in the boat. I am going to start glassing this week. I have some ?????'s
    When I attached the new keel i Used industrial epoxy & screws to attach it to the boat( screwed from the inside thru the bottom of the boat into the Keel) also did the same for the seat supports. What can I do to seal these screws ? Also the hull has some soft spots I was thinking of using fiberglass mat on the inside & fiberglass strip for the seams & over the screw heads,
    Any suggestions will be appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. Fibertech

Fibertech New Member

When glassing the keel in try (two layers of mat, one layer of woven roveing, then one more layer of mat) to finish this way it won't come loose over time. The inside of the boat with screw heads to seal them try flow coat gel coats cusin. But eny exposed wood should be glassed one layer will do.

3. Fibertech

Fibertech New Member

When glassing the keel in try (two layers of mat, one layer of woven roveing, then one more layer of mat) to finish this way it won't come loose over time. The inside of the boat with screw heads to seal them try flow coat gel coats cusin. But eny exposed wood should be glassed one layer will do.