Ever used GPO-3 or similar panels?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Laughed@by Fish, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Laughed@by Fish

Laughed@by Fish New Member

This is my first post here so please be gentle. :eek:

I'm working on a '73 Invader 16' tri-hull I got for the price of it's well used trailer. ($100) The seller replaced the transom. The rest of the wood stringers and such is all rotted or soft so I'm pulling it all out. My intention is to turn this into a fishing boat w/ maximum floor space. I'm doing this on the cheap because it's that or not do it at all. I have begun cutting out the seating. Floor was gone when I got it.

I work in a shop building switches & cabinets for electrical utilities so I have access to scraps of GPO-3 in 1/8" and 1/4". This stuff is pretty much just a fiberglass material so I want to use the scraps to repair my boat. Some scraps are multiple sq.feet. I can shear the stuff at work to sizes I need. (No dust!) I'd use it over ply for flooring if I could but the cost of full sheets is ridiculous. ($400+) I'm thinking I can glass it in for splices and even as some structural.

Anybody ever use panels like this stuff?

Attached Files: