deck construction

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by limige, Jun 28, 2006.

1. limige

limige Junior Member

heres the deal, i got a 1979 24' bayliner saratoga from my cousin i plan on using for fishing mostly freshwater.. current floor is wood and has some peices rotted here and there, so i'm in the process of pulling it all and i'm trying to decide on how to do the new floor.

its a fishing boat, it's gonna get blood and slime on it so my first thought is i want a glass floor. then i found out about Divinycell, but don't know much about it. i was looking for some instruction on how to do a floor in it. what kind of paint and non-skid coatings to use, how much and what type of mat needs to be used. i understand screws have to be backed up?

how do you go about doing this? i'm guessing mock up the foam, cut to size then what? the bottom has to be glassed and it has to be tied down to the stringers. how do you go about this? at what point do you setup your access doors and storage areas?

i've done some searching and just can't find the info i'm looking for. anybody know where to look?

would i be better off just glassing over the existing wood floor??

thanks
    mike