Cornerpost of Cored Panel Construction

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by fpjeepy05, Dec 28, 2013.

1. fpjeepy05

fpjeepy05 Senior Member

I swear I saw a product that someone was selling that was used for connecting two panels (Cored or Plywood) at a right angle with a radius. I believe is was fiberglass and might have come in different radii and for different panel thicknesses. Attached is a picture to kind of explain what I'm talking about. Does anyone know who sells this stuff. I suppose I could make a mold and lay it up myself, but I think I'd rather just buy it.

Attached Files:

2. groper

groper Senior Member

Try contacting "mcgill corporation" they make stuff like this for the aerospace industry...

3. fpjeepy05

fpjeepy05 Senior Member

I looked at he McGill Corp website, but that didn't get me much. I'd def have to call.

The stuff I remember seeing was definetly from one of the kit builders. I thought it was Envi Boats. But I asked there and got nothing. Possiblly Bateau, Glen-L, B&B Yachts, etc. I guess ff I had to make it myself it would probably be easier to route out some foam or low density wood rather than make a mold and lay up the glass.

I'll keep looking. Thanks

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

You should be able to get a timber moulding called "quad", a contraction of quadrant, no doubt. Or maybe an aluminium extrusion, take a look at websites that show seller's stock extrusions, may be one to suit. There may even be products used in the building industry for plasterboard corner radiusing. Keep looking !