Comparing cost

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Rookie, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Rookie

Rookie New Member

how much does Resin, fiberglass, power epoxy etc cost in your country?Materials that are commonly use in boat building in FRP. Just want to know coz maybe supplier here are charging too much for it.

Resin = 3.60$ USD per liter.
    Fiberglass= 3.20$USD Per kilo
    epoxy resin= 11.40$USD per liter

This prices are repacked meaning not buying in drums.

Thank you.

2. Deeman

Deeman Junior Member

Resin cost

I buy mine here:
    John Greer
    Fair pricing
    Eric H

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

There are hundreds of formulations for resins and different types of fiberglass. Price alone is not a fair comparison.

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Here in Thailand resin is about 100 baht per kilo bought in a plastic water bottle with a plastic bag and an elastic band around the neck. 40 baht to the dollar. You get a tiny bit of hardener too,--oh and some cobalt I think it is --blue stuff, that makes it go pink!!!.

No Idea on the others.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.