Can anyone help !!

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by rich99uk, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Penfold

Penfold Junior Member

Epigrip will work well on an epoxy primed surface according to my techie guys, so they advise using Eposeal or a similar coating first. It's good stuff apparantly - have you got the hardener to go with it? We can produce a complete work schedule with cure times and application hints if that helps.
    As for winter time in the UK - like I said, you do need to ensure the work area is protected from getting cold, but it is the dampness which will ruin the job - all epoxies love to soak up moisture while they are curing, which makes them weaker and heavier. I would advise against using chop strand matt glass fibre in the works - filler powders are much more effective at flattening surfaces and are easier to use.