Buying Buccaneer525 2nd-hand

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by damiancross, Dec 28, 2005.

1. damiancross

damiancross New Member

Hi,
    Im new to this forum and urgently need help. I was about to hand over a large wad of cash for a second hand Buccaneer 525 Elite yesterday but noticed a crack in the fibreglass at the base of the drivers console/panel where it attaches to the floor. I've been told that this model of boat has a floating bulk head and that the cracking is on a cosmetic/water-proofing join, not a structural one. Has anyone ever encountered this type of crack on a Buccaneer or similar before?

2. damiancross

damiancross New Member

Additionaly, I should mention that the cracks appear at the front of the drivers console inside the cabin area. I only found it after removing the right-hand seat cushioning. Thanks in advance for your help! :confused:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.