Build and Run Plug

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by COLD-EH', Dec 29, 2006.

1. COLD-EH'

COLD-EH' Junior Member

Happy holidays! :p I am building a hull and I have an old 16 1/4' deep v hull with about 23' sides at the transom and I just read a reply by samsam that build and run plug then mould it. I was going to cut this hull apart at the first lift strake and add a flat section to accheive total 8' width. 2' wide flat where the point used to be and probably 58" wide flat or similarity of that. So I am wondering if I should cut and paste ( I know it will be a little heavier) and try it first?. It's actually going to be a hard chine "river and ground" AIR boat with a 489 BBC with 2.68 reduction and 3 blade superwide. I like the idea!:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.