Broke College Student Making Hardtop--now started

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by searaytuna, Oct 28, 2005.

1. searaytuna

searaytuna Junior Member

Hello again folks.

I have finally made a purchase of 2x1" polyester foam sheets(4'x8') costs $80 bucks at my local plastic distributor ~(

Here is what I am doing: trying to build a hardtop for a searay26 express.

Bad thing though--not sure if this is going to be detrimental to my build but, I had to cut the 4x8 sheets in half in order to fit it in my truck without damaging it. SO now I am working with 4 pieces in which I will try to piece together and laminate it. I am not working with any molds, but I would however like to put a slight bend in the center of the top. Any suggestions? Also, will the 4 individual pieces be "glued" together with resin and 3 layers of 8oz. fabric? I am only putting a search light and a radar when I get enough money to buy those things--but definitely for next fishing season. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

BTW. Here is a photo I took just after I sliced the foam pieces.. I know, I will be making a work bench/table this week..

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.