Boat Floor Paint..

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by ahasiec, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ahasiec

ahasiec New Member

I have a Sportcraft Fishing boat. The deck contains a white floor that always seems to get dirty...I would like to paint it either a darker gray or even black, can anyone recommend a paint that would stand up to this type of need, or maybe some type of epoxy paint that would do the trick. Thanks again guys!

2. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

Not to be a smart *** but there is a reason that the floor is white, black going to be very hot once that sun sets up in that sky, and gray would do the same but not quite as intence. I guess your trying to keep rust stains, blood stains, and any other stains from appearing. All I can say is wash soon and wash often.

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Bruce is right about the colour- a darker sole will get hot! Keep it light coloured and wash regularly.
    Interlux Bilgekote is a fairly durable and chemical-resistant option, it only comes in a light grey as far as I know. Zolotone is another option, it's popular among the low-maintenance fishing crowd.