Solent University or strathclyde university for maritime courses

Discussion in 'Education' started by im.sushant, Apr 3, 2012.

1. im.sushant

im.sushant Junior Member

guys, I have applied to Solent Southampton University For the course of MSc in Ship And Shipping Management. and i got offer from them.

I would like to know What are the career prospectus of this course and howz is Solent University for maritime studies of such courses. I have graduated as Marine engineer recently. Does the courses are globally accepted. I like the course content they have into syllabus.
    Do you have any suggestion regarding the course and college. please guide me to take a proper step in studies.

http://www.solent.ac.uk/courses/pos...udies_shipping_management/course_details.aspx

I have also applied for offshore floating system in strathclyde , UK. howz is this course. which of the above would offer more opportunities in my career.

http://www.strath.ac.uk/na-me/postgraduatestudies/offshorefloatingsystems/

Thank you very much guys :)

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Senior Member

They are both well respected schools. I've worked with graduates of both universities although nobody from those programs.

You are the only person who will be able to answer the question about which of those programs to take. They are completely different educations. One is a masters level design course of offshore structures and the other is about management of a shipping company. The the only thing they have in common is that they both have something to do with water based equipment. It's like asking should I be a surgeon or a hospital administrator.

The course that you will have the best success in and the best future success is the one that more closely matches your interests and skills. Are you interested in international law, business, and management? Or are you more interested in design and analysis of offshore structures? Are you a people person with a knack for organization or are you a human computer with who thrives in engineering design?

The oil industry is full of jobs and there is lots of money out there. But if tweaking an FEA mesh on a riser makes you want to blow your brains out maybe you shouldn't choose that as your career.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.