NON US and NON UK school

Discussion in 'Education' started by pranavom8, Jan 6, 2012.

1. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

Where you seem to be astray with this is you choose where you want to work and then ask yourself " if I get an MSc from say southampton will that get me the job or do I need one from XXXX uni because that has a better reputation."

You also need to realize that there is a list of indian university qualifications and some are acceptable and some are not ...uk government list not mine used by the universities to vet your application .....

2. pranavom8

pranavom8 Junior Member

With a Mechanical degree there arent much opening in marine field here in India cos there are marine graduates to do them, and I study under Anna University, which is one of the most respected in India after IITs. So u think I can get into Naval architecture field with a Mechanical degree??? I hope not

3. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

I am getting tired of this.....If you know the job you want to do and where you find out what qualifications are neccessary. then knowing where you are now you bridge the gap to where you want to be ....

I note the Anna website seems to be stuck in 2004.............

4. pranavom8

pranavom8 Junior Member

Ofcourse I will have to get a work visa, many people from here have gone there finished their graduation and are working there. About what % of students got a job!! I have no clue some deligates from the university will be visiting my city next month, will have to ask them about these

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Getting to Uk for education could also help your chances of staying there, getting a residents passport and then bring in your immediate family followed by there relatives who would be able to claim social security.

Just a thought ,--not many people from India do this.

6. pranavom8

pranavom8 Junior Member

Thank u so much, as of now seniors from my coll who did their post graduation there advised me I could come a little later as things aren't a little going around well there..... But is there a possibility to work in a ship building yard with a mechanical engineering degree?

7. conceptia

conceptia Naval Architect

pranavom, u could contact various shipyards in India like Bharati, ABG, etc for a job. It could be better. and if you want to do your MSc in southampton its cool. They are the best in UK. go ahead.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.