Need a help here on final year project.

Discussion in 'Education' started by ijatpiki, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ijatpiki

ijatpiki New Member

Hi, I'm currently in my final year of Bcs Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding. I need some ideas for my final year project. I have been thinking on improving the stability of a small fibre boat with outboard engine in my campus workshop. Any idea on how I can improve the stability?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

More beam will increase the initial stability.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Making it longer will also improve stability, so will lowering the CG and many other things. Maybe you need to refine your question a bit. It scares the hell out of me you'd need to ask, given you're about to graduate and start designing stuff.

4. u4ea32

u4ea32 Senior Member

Interesting difference between your final year project and the Westlawn student's final year project. To graduate from Westlawn, in your final year (module 4) you need to do two complete ready-to-build designs, one for a powerboat, one for sail. One in composite, one in metal or wood.

Senior level Westlawn students are not working with improving stability of a small outboard boat. That is very, very early work at Westlawn. Its a question on a quiz, literally. Not a final project.

That is why Westlawn has the reputation it has: our graduates demonstrate their ability to design complete boats and yachts, using industry standard tools and techniques, following industry standard rules (ISO, ABYC, ABS, DNV, etc).

5. hariandro

hariandro Junior Member

Yes in india my college also providing these same course here..This course is that much valuable .Actually i searched many abroad universities atfirst..Then making use of skype and other interactions i got more knowledge..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.