Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 09-10-2015, 07:35 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Need a help here on final year project.

Hi, I'm currently in my final year of Bcs Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding. I need some ideas for my final year project. I have been thinking on improving the stability of a small fibre boat with outboard engine in my campus workshop. Any idea on how I can improve the stability?
Old 09-10-2015, 11:22 PM

Rep: 2031 Posts: 11,833
More beam will increase the initial stability.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Yacht Designer/Builder

Rep: 3967 Posts: 17,891
Making it longer will also improve stability, so will lowering the CG and many other things. Maybe you need to refine your question a bit. It scares the hell out of me you'd need to ask, given you're about to graduate and start designing stuff.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:37 PM

Rep: 192 Posts: 416
Interesting difference between your final year project and the Westlawn student's final year project. To graduate from Westlawn, in your final year (module 4) you need to do two complete ready-to-build designs, one for a powerboat, one for sail. One in composite, one in metal or wood.

Senior level Westlawn students are not working with improving stability of a small outboard boat. That is very, very early work at Westlawn. Its a question on a quiz, literally. Not a final project.

That is why Westlawn has the reputation it has: our graduates demonstrate their ability to design complete boats and yachts, using industry standard tools and techniques, following industry standard rules (ISO, ABYC, ABS, DNV, etc).

Old 02-04-2017, 07:57 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 6
Yes in india my college also providing these same course here..This course is that much valuable .Actually i searched many abroad universities atfirst..Then making use of skype and other interactions i got more knowledge..