Maritime Design?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Zanith, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Zanith

Zanith Junior Member

Is there such a beast as maritime design?? What field exactly would it relate to? Can anyone send me to some sources?

Thanks

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Where do you live? The same occupation changes denomination in different countries. Maybe you can find the map back.

3. Zanith

Zanith Junior Member

California, USA.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The only reference I know of maritime design is in art objects and decor (lamps, mirrors, etc.) that have a seafearing motif.

5. BrettM

BrettM Senior Member

Maritime Engineering is a field that can cover the design of offshore shructures and such things as breakwalls etc (but not limited too). The Australian Maritime College runs a course in parallel with their naval architecture courses. I seem to remember that it included much more electrical engineering amongst other subjects. They also have a course called "ocean engineering" (I think) aimed at the offshore oil industry. This is a bit vague but I haven't kept up with it lately. Check out their website.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.