Commercial Ship Surveyor - Marine Ship Incident

Discussion in 'Education' started by Cacciatore, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Naval Architect and Marine Engineer

Hi Guys , i would like to attend a course of Ship Surveyor and specialize in Marine Ship Incident and damage claims.
    Could you give me a tip about a certified e-learning course on the matter ?
    I have seen IIMS ,Maritime Training Academy , Lloyd's Maritime Academy course what do you reccomend and why?

Thank you so much in advance for the support.

2. shipwright

shipwright Junior Member

Surveyor

Hi Mate: I have been a commercial ship surveyor for 40 years, government encourage us to do courses. Looked at The Tas. course while comprehensive and a good place to start it was far short my present standing.State authorities decided to we should all use Lloyds as the basis and accordingly
    had us all do a Lloyds course in Survey and another in Ship design.
    These courses were of great benefit. You might enquire from the Sydney office. Biggest cost you will have to bare is the compulsory professional indemnity insurance.
    What qualifications do you have?

Shipwright.:cool:

3. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Naval Architect and Marine Engineer

Hi Shipwright thank you so much for reply . I am a Naval Architect and Marine Engineer

4. Nick.K

Nick.K Senior Member

I successfully completed the IIMS course a few years ago. I don't know if they have improved since then but I can say that at that time, I and other students I was in contact with were extremely dissatisfied. There was a huge course over-run on time, marking intervals of up to two months or in some cases even longer, unsatisfactory course material and exercises that had to be modified or in the case of one module completely withdrawn for rewriting.
    Nick.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.